Thursday, October 4, 2012

Are you a threat?

So how many of you thought it would be a year before I blogged again??? Ha! Well it is a little later than I planned but hey, it's gettin done!
So, do you ever have those times when things just couldn't get any better?  Everyone is happy, healthy, and accounted for...and then it all falls apart!  Or maybe just one thing falls apart, but it's a BIG thing.  I have talked with several people lately about this frustration. Let me be transparent for a minute and give you a clearer picture about what I mean.  A few weekends ago, when Morgan decided to make her public profession of faith, we SHOULD have all been focused on making that day one of our best memories.  Instead, Corey and I somehow ended up at odds.  It was very tense and stressful between the two of us, and the outlook for a memorable day wasn't going the direction it needed to.  It's at these times that we get frustrated and say "Why God? Why is this happening now?".  But is God the one to blame?  What about Satan?  Did you ever think that maybe he is after you?  Maybe what you have going on isn't pleasing to him so he has launched an attack?  Since taking over the Journey class a few years ago, Corey and I have had to brace ourselves for this kind of attack more and more.  Satan doesn't like that we are sharing God's words with all of you each week.  He doesn't like that Corey is a Deacon and that we are as involved as we are at church.  He doesn't like that our children are building spiritual relationships with the Father.  So that Sunday morning that Morgan was to be the focus, he decided to intervene. But he didn't win.  Once Corey and I realized what was happening, we fixed the problem.  As you all become more active in God's word and his work, you may find yourself in this kind of predicament, if you haven't already.  Here are the steps that I have learned over the past year to get me through these situations that may be helpful to you.  1. Call Satan out! Once you realize that he is after you, you can face him.  2. PRAY...pray for God to wrap his arms around you or put up a wall that Satan can't penetrate.  Tell God what is happening and ask him to push Satan away.  In 1 Corinthians 6:17 it says, "But he who unites himself with the Lord is one with him in spirit". I am all for being one with God when it comes to battling Satan, cause I can't do it alone and win(and I am all about winning!!!).  But I know that "with God all things are possible",  Matthew 19:26.
We talked on Sunday about "the path being wide but the gate being narrow", and the last blog post I wrote talked about how we chose to be on this path.  Again, it's not an easy path, but to quote Bethany Hamilton from Soul Surfer, "I don't need easy, just possible".  If that is all you need, then you have it made!  What a relief that should be!  And we should all consider it a compliment when Satan comes after us, because that means we are a threat to him.  I'm okay with being a threat, are you?!

***On a side note...in the middle of typing these words, my computer battery died and I thought I had lost everything!  Makinley walked in as I said "Satan you stupid fool".  She asked what happened and I told her what I was writing about and how it was happening right now!  However, I rebooted and my words were all right where I left them:) Another win for me and my God!

No comments:

Post a Comment